View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
bonetm

Default Re: Slightly confused NOOB questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augster View Post
As mentioned above, are the Spiky Knees considered Armor? When we played this came up, the player got his Armor cursed, but the only thing he was wearing was the Spiky Knees. We assumed they were, just like a sword or a mace is a weapon even if it doesn't specifically say weapon.
It's not. All Armor cards have Armor on the bottom left side, just as Headgear and Footgear. Spiky Knees and other cards with no specification simply just won't take any slot.

Quote:
Give and Trade. I'm quite confused on this. You can GIVE items from anywhere, table, hand, equipped, unequipped, at any time to any player? Even one in combat? Or am I reading that wrong and you can ONLY GIVE items that are on the table? Not from your hand. But you can't trade items with a player in combat. And if you trade with another player, the items have to come from the table? Or can they come from the hand? And it can happen on anyone's turn? Even during someone else's combat, then one of the tradees could theoretically join the combat as a helper?
You can only trade Itens that you carry (i.e. are played on the table). You can't trade during combat. If you are not in combat you can trade with another player not in combat.
The exception for this is after a combat with a helper: you can give a helper any cards previously agreed upon.
Giving Itens is the same as trading, only you get nothing in return.

Quote:
Lastly, the Rules say, "You cannot discard ITEMS "just because"." So if I have more than 5 cards in my hand and it's the Charity phase, can I discard an item? Of course, I could put the item in play to get down to 5, but not if it's "big" and I already have a "big" in play. Also, the item may be something good my opponents would steal and I'd rather get it into the discard pile. Is this allowed? Can I discard ITEMS from my hand during Charity, or do I have to put them into play and only discard monsters and such?
If you have more than 5 cards you don't discard, you give to the lowest LEvel player. If you have non-Big Itens you could play them to carry and avoid giving cards away. If you are the lowest Level (or tied) you may discard.
Note that you don't have to discard Itens, you could give/discard Monster, extra Classes or Races.
You could sell the Itens if you want, from your hand or from play, if it is 1000GP or more.
MiB: #1602