View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #10
Varyon

Default Re: Pre-Organlegger Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railstar View Post
On a somewhat macabre note, would an animated heart be viable as an autonomous pump of some kind? I like the idea of a semi-organic laboratory.
I don't see why not. A mechanical pump would probably work better from a physical standpoint, but using a heart might be more amenable to working magic through it.

Quote:
Magical beasties could work. I imagine there'd be rituals that use the body parts of such creatures. Or rituals that use human body parts. For whatever reason I can't think of them just now, but ideas of that nature could make a good reason to be collecting body parts.
It doesn't even need to be actual rituals - plenty of strange animal body parts are used or consumed by humans for some sort of perceived health benefit.

Quote:
Flesh golems are probably the least likely possibility: Improved Zombies (Pyramid 3/01) are both generally better and far easier to make than corpse golems - so I'd need to find a niche of what the flesh golems can do that the Improved Zombies can't.
In the webcomic Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, the titular character's brother is a necromancer who creates a flesh golem so that he can combine the special abilities of a number of powerful people. That's in a fantasy setting where super powers are fairly common amongst various flavors of magic users, and where a sufficiently skilled necromancer can make zombies that retain such abilities, which may not be the case in your setting. Note in the above we aren't just talking about physical abilities either - one of the principal abilities Jacob opts to incorporate into his golem is the "Sight" of seers. Jacob is also able (IIRC, the comic's site is really slow right now so I can't check the archives to confirm) to temporarily use some of the special abilities of character's he is carrying around the organs of, which could be another possibility for your organlegger. I don't know if your organlegger is your PC or in a setting you're making - if the former, you'll want to find out from the GM just what is and isn't fair game in a zombie/golem, if the latter you'll want to figure that out for yourself.

Last edited by Varyon; 09-12-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote