View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 11:16 AM   #8
Arcanestomper

Default Re: Warp Tunnel into Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Since Warp Tunnels appear quite close to the user, he's gonna have to make the same "don't die" roll as his target every time he uses such an "attack." If that doesn't change his mind about this, well, you told him so when he gets himself killed!
The character in question routinely wears sealed battle armor. So getting warped into space isn't a huge problem for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
I recall someone trying to make a perpetuum mobile out of two (Magic magic) gates put in a way to produce an endless waterfall and tap into its energy, only to find out that gates don't cause matter to spontaneously go through it, merely allowing creatures to go through when they want to. I suspect the same should apply to Warp Tunnels.
That sounds reasonable, but I don't see anything like that on the tunnel modifier itself. So it would be a hard sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
This is the strict "Buy the effect you want rather than buy a non-attack form and discover an unforeseen side-effect". AD&D magic was full of unforeseen side-effects as anyone who ever sank a ship with Wall of Iron would know.

There's no reason to have "unforeseen" side effects when you're working with Powers. Buy what you want, pay for what you get.
That was my first response actually. I'm just having trouble convincing the player that that is the proper course of action. So I was looking for an alternative either a rule reason why it's not possible. Or a way to make it possible.
Arcanestomper is offline   Reply With Quote