View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #22
RGTraynor

Default Re: Reaction Table House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
What percentage of favourable reactions would you encounter in your day to day life with a +0 modifier?
A hell of a lot better than 16%, that's for sure ... that being the actual odds of rolling 14+ on 3d6 with no modifiers. Are you truly claiming that anyone who isn't attractive beyond the norm, notably charismatic, possessing of obvious status, or quite skilled at wheedling people are going to get blown off by over 4/5ths of everyone with whom they try to interact?

If your answer is "yes," then you live in a lot surlier area than I do, and Yankees aren't notorious for being chummy with strangers. Even though I have an offbeat accept locals find unusual, I'm used to having my questions answered, to having shopkeepers treat me respectfully, and to strangers giving me directions.

I don't know ... what's your motivation behind those higher numbers? Is it as I expect, and you're tired of having high-reaction mod PCs steamrolling social interactions, and want to nerf that?

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote