View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #567
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
I was thinking that the Resistances were not too helpful since she has that and HT15.
The reason why I gave her the Resistances, even if only at the lowest possible level for them, is so that when the James Bond Villains she's up against put her in gas chambers or strapped to injection tables that have poisons or diseases that are "roll at HT-5 to resist" she gets better than a 50% chance of doing so.

IIRC, Fit and Very Fit don't add to the resistance against poisons, diseases, or environmental conditions like airsickness and the bends; they help prevent FP loss due to exertion. (I could be wrong, IDHMBWM atm)

Edit: Okay, I was wrong with the previous line. Even so, Very Fit gives a +2 to the resistances; even with an effective HT 17 before Resistances vs a poison that's HT-5 to resist, a resistance of 12 or less is still, in my experience, going to put her out of commission a bit too easily. With the Resistances, that boosts to a resistance roll of 15 or less. Against the nerve poison from Ultra-Tech, with its HT-7 resistance, her resistance roll is 13 or less.

I'd be nuts to give her the +8 level of Resistances without a Russian super-soldier serum. ;)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 12-30-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote