View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:19 PM   #41
gibberingmouther

Default Re: Dragon Ball Inspired "Ki" Hero

thanks John.

okay, i'm almost done. one of the things i can't decide on is how flight speed progresses with power level.

currently, i have flight speed going up at a rate of +25 yards/second per 10 ki points. so let's say Vegeta at a power level of 100 would be able to move almost as fast as a typical aircraft. i would prefer that ki fighters in the relatively high 40-60 power level be able to be as fast as aircraft (since i want ki fighters to keep up with technology). so i could instead use a power of two progression - 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, etc., so a power level of 50 would move as fast as an aircraft, but this seems too extreme at high levels (being able to speed past an explosion, which while it fits with Dragon Ball canon, kind of strains GURPS's realism based ruleset and isn't so consistent with the power level elsewhere). what do you guys think? i just can't decide.

edit: okay, a fast aircraft goes maybe 260ish meters per second - the same as Vegeta at a power level of 100. the speed of sound is 343 meters per second, so super saiyan Vegeta or Goku could go faster than that. being able to outrun an explosion at power level 80 (while it fits with DB canon) would require me to make a new defense maneuver i think, and that speed would be so extreme that your mind couldn't really keep up and it would be extremely difficult to control yourself (though i guess there's something to be said for practice). i kind of like having the DB canon and extremes of speed at high levels is consistent with Dragon Ball's story but i'm thinking i might stay with the +25 yards/second. still open to input from anyone if you think you have a good idea though.

Last edited by gibberingmouther; 01-04-2018 at 09:38 PM.
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote