View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #22
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Working Stiffs or: How Much Should Professional Adventurer's Realistically Make?

I had brought this point up, numerous times, in relation to BattleTech mercenaries: Though they may claim to be in it for the money, they're not. Each one of their 'Mechs could be sold for a king's ransom and they could retire, comfortably, on the capital world of their choice. (And, for those who don't know, there is always someone willing to play top c-bill for a 'Mech.)

They're in it because they enjoy the lifestyle. And, apparently, they enjoy complaining about not having enough money.

(XO: "We're really low on funds, I don't think we'll have enough to cover our bills."
Me: "Let's sell two of those Phoenix Hawks we're not using and haven't finished refurbishing. That'll give us about three to six million and we should be fine while we line up the next contract. I'd say we could sell the Catapult since they don't make those anymore, but it's too useful.")

A professional adventurer should make enough to continue doing what they're doing. Depending on the story you're telling, maybe a little more, or a little less.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote