View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #24
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Parry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard78 View Post
Also, I was referring to the Gurps Basic Psionics, because, I know you buy Magic spells as IQ/Hard skills unless stated otherwise, but, if I 'm reading you right, you buy whatever advantage, Flight, Mind Control, etc, and you get it cheaper by assigning it the Psionic Limitation, then you would buy, say, Psychokinesis at level 2 (10) pts, and if you had Int at 12, would give you Flight Psionic at 14?
I'm a bit confused here about what you mean. In the Basic Set version of Psionics, there are no skills involved at all just to activate a psionic ability. If you bought the Flight advantage with the Telekinesis limitation (a specific form of the Psionic limitation, so -10%), that would cost you 36 points (Flight's normal 40 points, -10%). If you didn't buy anything else, that's it, you'd just be able to fly.

The GM can call for skill rolls to use your ability with more finesse - if you needed to roll against the Flying skill to fly for a long distance, or Aerobatics to do fancy maneuvers while in flight, you'd roll them at whatever level you had bought those skills at (and they'd be based on the normal attributes, HT and DX respectively, as well). If you had bought some level of Telekinesis Talent, you could add that level to the skill rolls to use the ability.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote