Thread: aa() system tag
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: aa() system tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin_Sonders View Post
It turns out that while the newly programmed status of the tag is correctly displayed for the item in the armor list of the Apply Armor tab, the armor settings (DR bonus) are not applied to the character until the user actually changes the status of one of the armor pieces in the list. It is only when the user clicks an armor piece check box that all the effects of the new aa(1) tags are read and applied. Otherwise, leaving the Apply Armor tab and even closing the Protection window does not update the armor settings to match with the aa() tag settings.
I hadn't remembered that a change was required to trigger the recalcs for applied armor. That, at least, probably won't be much trouble to change, allowing for a recalc on opening the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orin_Sonders View Post
Is there another tag I can set to cause GCA to read the aa() tags without requiring user interaction?
No, afraid not. GCA is currently configured to allow for those calcs only inside the Protection window, as that's the only place currently recognized as "legal" for setting active armor. Things would have to be moved around to put that code into the character itself, before there would be any way to allow changing aa() to be recalced in any other way.

This was one of those things where I decided that rarely used code would stay in the specialty window, rather than constantly being included in character recalcs, where it would usually just slow things down, rather than actually add much usefulness. Clearly, that doesn't work for what you want to do, but we're stuck with it until I can change chunks of code around, which has to compete with other things I want to accomplish. I'm putting it on the to-do list, though.