Thread: SJG LCG?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 08:26 AM   #1
Densar

Default SJG LCG?

In the last 3 or so years, my main hobby has been modern board games of various ilk. Games such as Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Horrified, Dune Imperium, Mage Knight, Scythe, and many more.

Two of the games that I’ve played a lot are Marvel Champions LCG and Arkham Horror LCG. Living Card Games (LCGs) are different than collectible card games (like Magic the Gathering) in that you don’t get random cards, but buy packs that contain everything you need for a specific scenario or character. For example, in Marvel Champions, you can buy character packs for several super heroes such as Captain America, Thor, Hulk, etc. You can also buy scenario packs that contain villains and some basic stories/challenges. There is a lot of ways to mix and match these, and you can modify the decks of your heroes to adjust them as you see fit, following certain basic rules. They are a lot of fun.

I was wondering if anyone has thought or tried to build a custom LCG using GURPS or INWO as inspiration? Seems to me that a lot of the material to do so could be taken/inspired by what already exists? It would still be a lot of work and require expertise that I don’t have, but it would be great to see a LCG based on universes like Technomancer, for example, having characters like cat people and mages and such duke it out against dragons and elves and super villains, in a world of magic and technology.

Any thoughts?
Densar is offline   Reply With Quote