View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 02:07 AM   #693
Magic_Octopus

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I know that Philreed and others have already pointed out that SJG is not purely based on the bottom line, but let me quote Steve himself from the Gaming Balistic Interview:
This makes respect the company even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
We have TWO staff members devoted solely to Munchkin; we have FOUR dedicated to GURPS and Pyramid. It's simply not true that we aren't supporting GURPS.
This is surprising and comforting, and to me confirms that Steve does consider keeping GURPS alive important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
A major issue with RPGs is that the price the market is willing to bear hasn't kept up with publication costs.
Understandable. Such is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
GURPS is a very expensive RPG to produce because we spend a lot of time perfecting each supplement.
Not a surprise. The quality of GURPS writing and editing is the best in industry that I have encountered. I remember sometime ago reading that Steve was very dedicated to quality. I think this attitude is reflected in the quality of the releases and the health of the company.

Reading this thread has been very educational. Such open communication is just amazing. Thank you Phil, Andrew and Sean :)
Magic_Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote