View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #7
PTTG

Default Re: Lucy's Choice: Let's make Lucifer Parallels!

Worst part is I actually did read Lucifer's hammer.... well, I fixed the op.

I'm liking the gaia's revenge worlds.

Lucky: signs point to a massive human die-off in an immense series of unrelated fatal accidents. Falling out of bed and landing wrongly is the most common, simply due to about one third of humans being asleep at a given time. Curiously, visitors gain Rediculous Luck while here, which of nothing else leads to impressive fights. 1874, it's only been a few weeks when pcs arrive.

Shroom: a fungus adapts to grow explosively in lungs, 1922. Victims cough black slime, gradually suffocate months after exposure. Civilization collapses within five years, the stragglers dare not enter the spore-laden cities.

Cult 1-5: on all five worlds, a religious group, curiously uniform over the selection, spreads over the entire planet and in each case the entire population of the world either joins or dies; the cultists then commit mass suicide, leaving the world empty. Three worlds were echoes, two were close parallels. These suicide events occurred in ~1150, ~1340, ~1770, 1971, and 2019.

Rads: Radiation works differently here. A nuclear accident at Saint-Laurent Nuclear Plant in 1969 released an exotic radioactive particle similar to, well, tiberium, in that it is self-replicating and spreading -- essentially a self-perpetuating fallout disaster. The planet's surface is technically habitable, but increasingly radioactive.

Last edited by PTTG; 09-02-2016 at 04:48 PM.
PTTG is online now   Reply With Quote