View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: A question on rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
But I think humans only get Disadvantages (By the way, are they capitalized as I have written them? I'm too lazy to go and look through my CPG at the moment...) resembling Ethereal Discords, because a Celestial also would only be disformed by an Ethereal Discord if she's reduced to 0 Mind Hits. (So you won't have the problem of becoming obese because your brain was whacked a little...)
That's basically up to the GM -- In Nomine pretty much assumes that the GM has a firm grasp of the Rule of No, and the Rule of Only If I Think It Makes Sense.

Quote:
Thanks for clearing up the matter.
But, by the way, you're writing that the GM was perhaps using GURPS. Isn't "You Are Here" older than GURPS In Nomine?
I don't remember. I was mostly making a joke. O:> IN has no "fright check" mechanics, unless the GM picks something, so I was suggesting it as a plausible reason in a system that had them.

Quote:
And, another question (that I hope isn't impolite): May I conclude out of your text that some of the material in "You Are Here" was created during game sessions and found so good that it had to be printed and made official?
You can conclude that -- but it wouldn't be accurate to conclude it from my text, since as noted above, I was making a funny. Still -- there is one location which was drawn from a very good game, and two which had their roots in fanfic (mine). And one which was informed by a phone interview with a police officer.