View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #13
hal

Default Re: Mass Combat: Failing Strategy Roll with a bigger Margin of Success than the Winne

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Houserule, heh?
Wellllllll.

Any time I use something that isn't in the rules as expressly written without clarifications by Kromm, if I'm using it, I presume it is a house rule. Lord knows, I've got enough house rules that I use that if going strictly by memory, I may think they're actual rules rather than developed on my own.

Case in point:

Back when there was only GURPS 3e, I used the concept that if your Fatigue was less than the strength required to utilize a weapon at full strength, the character suffered a penalty to hit. It helps explain why fresh troops used in battle were often better off than tired troops in battle. A Broadsword requiring a ST 10, wielded by someone with a ST 12, Fatigue 9, would suffer a -1 penalty to hit.

There are a few other odds and ends that I use, including rules regarding shield rushes and bashes - but not pertinent to this discussion. Suffice to say - anytime I mention something I can't verify with out a page reference, I note as "house rule". Saves on embarrassment later on due to my memory issues. ;)
hal is offline   Reply With Quote