View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #22
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: GURPS Reprints - Magic, Thaumatology, and Ultra-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I've looked further into this and I apologize; I was mistaken about these versions having been uploaded.

The newest files have been sent to CreateSpace, but are not yet available as PDFs. This is because "PDFs to be used as ebooks" are actually created rather differently than "PDFs to be used for print-on-demand" -- their covers are handled differently, they need bookmarks, etc. So these have not yet been created because we've had to prioritize the Dungeon Fantasy RPG and other day-to-day projects first. (It's not going to take a lot of work to finish these up -- perhaps a day or so -- but that still means waiting until we have a spare day.)

It's worth noting that, due to our optimizing them for CreateSpace, these new files are laid out in black & white, not color. So when we do upload them, they will be B&W PDFs, much like Ultra-Tech.

Will the eBooks be PDFs, or ePUB/MOBI-formatted? As I've been prepping Dungeon Grappling, my first stretch goal was an ebook formatted for small screens and tablets. That meant a single-column layout in one of those formats (but also B/W, no art, yes charts), rather than the PDF format which is pretty irritating to read on a small device due to the need to navigate around the page by column.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote