View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #16
Plane

Default Re: Fighting on high speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
From the old speed tables I remember Speed MV 20 being around 50 MPH? Picture being in the back of a speeding pickup truck with your friends holding your legs and you punching someone as you drive by. First of all it's not easy to make that punch at that speed. Next you're not going to punch through them or knock them into orbit. You're going to wallup them but your fist won't go through a steel insert jacket and you'll probably hurt yourself a bit if you don't land that punch right or if you hit something harder than a jaw. I think you can probably scale damage with that charging horse. Maybe +3 to damage, -3 to hit? Or reasonably close to those.
In contrast, if someone waiting by the side of the road does a Stop-Thrust against you, they'll get a full +10 to damage, and it won't cause them any harm unless you use MA's optional rule of treating the flexibleDR2 of the skull as hardDR3 so "hurting yourself" applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a humble lich View Post
I like evileeyore's idea of using the speed table to get bonus damage and applying it to both parties.
Instead of, or in addition to, the +1 damage per 2 yards for Stop Thrust?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote