View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #771
Icelander

Default Re: Resolved,There is no point to statting up anything that is not a PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Here you are arguing that it's not necessary to do complete NPC character sheets, and yet when I describe using a generic character sheet to define the typical combat abilities of members of various groups of combatants you object because they aren't individualized enough. What's up with that, huh?
I refer to the fact that the 'completely statted out character' actually has less definition than the 'improvised on the spot by intuition and feel for what is plausible, consistent and logical' character.

Using the character creation system is no guarantee of anything, but it is something that takes a long time for many GMs and has contributed to many of them being intimidated by the preparation required for GURPS games.

So I advise people to avoid it unless they specifically enjoy doing it and instead trust in their own good sense.

Of course, not everyone will have good sense. I concede that, but maintain that the character creation system will prove insufficient to the task of allowing them to overcome this disability.