View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #15
vierasmarius

Default Re: Help needed with leveled powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexington View Post
Having Malediction on this build seems very strange to me. It hugely increases the cost but only makes things worse for the caster.
That was my thought too. Without Mal, you can just fire the attack and it hits everything in a cone. Add Mal, and it costs more, plus you need to make an opposed roll vs each target to affect them. If he just wants to add a resistance roll to a cone attack, there's the Resistable limitation (though that's not an opposed roll, just a penalized HT roll).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunker View Post
Alright, I get ya! :D

On another note, a hypothetical question, since I'm playing around with GURPS Powers now: is there a way to make this power stun? Something like targets hit in the Will vs. HT contest need to make a HT-roll or be stunned or similar?
Absolutely! Well, knockback by itself carries the possibility of knocking down and stunning targets. But you can also add Side Effect (Stun) for +50% (Basic pg.109). This means that on any hit, the targets roll HT vs 1/2 the penetrating damage, or suffer from stun. If the attack is supposed to be a concussive blast or sonic wave, you could add a Secondary effect like Deafness.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote