View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #74
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Oh, beat is only important if your ST is higher than your DX. Your ST is equal to your DX, not higher.
Right... if it were the case you could only resist with ST it might work but since you can use your uberDX, it doesn't help.

Quote:
Boxing has two massive bonus over brawling: it gets a damage bonus and it gets to use the higher retreat bonus.
Brawl gets dmg bonus, just a little slower... everyone gets the +3 to retreat when dodging, which is generally what boxers seem to be reduced to doing against leg kicks anyway, so being able to parry better when retreating doesn't help in that situation, as evidenced here.

Quote:
This guy is taking an exhausting number of accurate if unsubtle punches, each of which has to be blocked.
Well, not EACH one, "2nd half missed" here.

Quote:
Rolled another 5! why wasn't I attacking? oh well. I gain 3 AP, and I'm now at 5. I do nothing again. Lets run out that clock. 12 turns of adrenaline left.
Nice MoS of 8 (target 13 due to 10-1+4) giving a +2. I roll against 12-1+4 so my target is 15... I got an 8, which is merely MoS of 7, so I only got 2 AP back. I would've also gotten 3 if not for that darned -1 to HT from my 10% drop in FP!

So now I have 4/12 AP 9/12 FP and you have 5/10 AP 8/10 FP, I think? I'm going to Do Nothing again, I have 8 more to go until I'm topped out whereas you only have 5 more to go!
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote