Thread: 4 swings?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #10
DangerousThing

Default Re: 4 swings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtmoore View Post
Where it gets silly is when you stack Altered Time Rate with Extra Attack, All-Out Attack, and Rapid Strike.

For a couple hundred points, you can get Trained by a Master, Altered Time Rate 1, and Extra Attacks 2, then take All-Out Attack (Double) twice, making 3-attack Rapid Strikes and adding two extra attacks to each maneuver, for a total of 12 attacks, half at full skill and half at -6.
As long as you're using the rules from Martial Arts. I do, but not everybody does.

Second, I do not believe that you can use Rapid Strike in the same maneuver as an AoA (double).
EDIT: I think I'm wrong about this one.

Third, that's 180 points, which means that you might not have enough points for skills or you'll have a one dimensional character. Even in my new high point game, the true martial artist only has two extra attacks and trained by a master.

But even without ATR, two extra attacks and trained by a master can lead to a devistating martial artist. A skill of 22 can use a rapid strike on one attack for three attacks at -6 and using an additional -4 for a deceptive attack, and have one attack with a deceptive attack of up to -10 (-5 to the foe's defense). Or just three normal attacks, not needing to use rapid strike.

Last edited by DangerousThing; 11-08-2013 at 06:34 AM.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote