View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 04:28 PM   #10
David Johnston2

Default Re: Cost of Living and Governance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrahedron View Post
Hey team!

I'm struggling with the Cost of Living as it pertains to the individual and government. B265 explains to us that a Status 1 person who becomes president (a Status 7 job in the example), would need to pay out $1,200 per month and the government would pick up the rest. Straightforward. Clear. Good.

But what about someone with higher status? At what status level do we stop paying for the Cost of Living and let the government/job take over? I can grasp the idea of someone spending $12,000/month to keep them in style but can't comprehend someone spending $60,000,000/month to keep up their status. At some point the Status and Cost of Living must represent governing.

So two questions I'd like input on:

What would be the maximum amount of personal Status for a TL 3 noble or king before the government picks up the tab?

T
To be blunt...the government never picks up the tab...when you design a character like that. You have to design the character with a heaping helping of imputed status from rank and wealth to assume that the government is picking up the tab. Otherwise you personally have the job of "king" and are hopefully earning earning from it by collecting taxes to support the cost of it. It is of course easier to calculate if you get military or feudal rank.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote