View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 AM   #1010
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen ...

<<I'll take both, if you would be so kind. It's always nice to have options. So far as I can tell, Sunae mopped the floor with these demons,>> He points to the demon at his feet. <<and this one surrendered. Two more are stuck in the door, and there was a godawful noise on every plane outside just now. I don't know where the leader went, she was gone when the darkness cleared. Some of our allies are gone too, and I don't know where they are either.>>
<<Update much appreciated>> Nisroc answers, and Glen's mind hears a kind of voice that makes it clear both who it's coming from and that he's sincere. <<But the Song of Stone, I'd be doing it on you and I need to know how to adjust the volume--do you want to be lightly hardened and still agile, or practically a statue and nigh-invulnerable? Or something in between?>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Glen ...
<<The hell he says. I don't know about you guys, but I'm staying on this side of the ward.>>
Ryuki snickers in his head. <<Until they figure out how to go around it, dork!>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane ... seemingly a laid-back unconcerned cowboy who just happens to have half his face burned off.

"All right. So we got a break in the action. No big deal," he says pleasantly. "You're not throwin' punches, I'm not throwin' flameboys. We're all bein' nice and reasonable, OK? I don't especially feel like huggin' your smilin' self, but hey, folks can disagree, right?"

He spreads his hands. "So, since we're all bein' reasonable ... take a look on the ground. Here and back by the side of the house. That's what happened with just two of us. Sure, you marked me up a bit, but I've seen worse."

"Thing is, what's gonna happen if you gotta face more than just me an' him? Or if things get ugly again? If you're smart, you'll give up now." His eye sees Sunae and her blade. " 'Cause I can guarantee, there's some folks 'round who ain't gonna be this nice. Not at all."

As he talks, he silently and calmly updates Nisroc on the situation, blessing David in the back of his mind for the gifts he's given.
<<That's why we call them 'gifts'>> Nisroc quips, then goes quiet so Kane can concentrate on the task at hand.

"And bravo, truly." 'Uncle Josh' doesn't seem particularly sarcastic when he says this. "But two professionals against a random pack of conscripts, I'm not terrifically surprised. Ruby really must learn better how to marshal her forces. Say, you haven't seen her have you? Around here maybe? She has some things to answer for." He checks his watch, mindful of the duration of the Song and what could happen when it lets go.

"But you're right--let's be reasonable. All her little minions--geas-bound I'm sure, that would explain the low desertion rate--would get sent back to Hell and it would just be you and me. And call me cocky, but I don't think that goes the way you think that goes. Look at us here, now. I could get in my car and just drive away. Then you'd have an awful mess to clean up, but if we cooperate...the neighborhood goes back to peace and we all win, you see?"

His words slither into your psyche (((Argument of Casuistry attunement, pg 23 Heaven and Hell. Before I go drawing any cards, consider whether this argument would be persuasive on its own.))
------------------
"I know that voice," Ruby says gravely to Mitch and Zahirah. "Much as I'd like to slip out the back, if even one of the kiddies talks he'll come after me, twice as ticked off for having to chase me. Put on your big boy pants, you two. We're about to meet a demon of The Game."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 02-18-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: there has to *be* an argument. English teacher fail
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote