View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #17
Mailanka

Default Re: Is Transcendent the limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
I think perhaps it is more realistic to say that deities have higher standards, and thus would consider even a Beautiful/Handsome human to be unremarkable and romantically uninteresting.

(What does this say about Zeus? Perhaps that he's a severe case of Lecherous?)
What sort of disadvantage reflects bizarre sexual deviance? Odious Personal Habit: Dirty Human Fancier?

Ok, seriously: If we're going to look at the Greek myths, I think you might be better off discarding the notion that all the gods were Transcendent. I think you might be better off assuming they all have a level or two of Awe, and then relatively normal levels of beauty. Humans, like Arachne* or Helen, seemed to be on par with goddesses quite often, which suggests you had some insanely gorgeous greek chicks running around, or the gods weren't that pretty. Hera, for example, seems no more than Average, and Hephaestus is Ugly.

*Crap, turns out Arachne was cursed for boasting of her weaving skills, which I should have remembered. But I'm quite sure several women got cursed for being "too beautiful," and the gods were jealous.