View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
Azel

Default Re: Cosmetic Name Changes for Demons (lots of cool Occult Sources!)

Ooo gobs of fun, this can be. from my brief work w/ Kabbalah (long before Madonna made it a fad, *snicker*) i remember about the Sephiroth and Qliphoth. naturally, all Kabbalah should never be practiced, for to know the keys of reality and to act upon them were to tamper with reality and get "really bad juju come back to you." but i do remember that if you wanted to act upon the world, for every Sephiroth you visit, and each road you travel on, you must do the inverse upon the "inverse tree of life." so you had to travel the Qliphoth and their roads, when manifesting something. in this way you "cancel out" any unbalancing creation (which is like some homing beacon that someone's messing w/ reality -- *cough* like Disturbance?) and allows the manifestation to be masked by an equivalent mal-creation elsewhere in reality.

it was stuff to make you have a nasty headache in high school, if you weren't careful.

looking back though, it makes great source material to sprinkle in when running a campaign with sorcerers. some of these names were translated differently (and cross associated differently) dependent upon the book used. however, regardless of the names issue, it's a great source material. it definitely gives a shotgun blast to the face of Judaica metaphysics, and a lot of the information sounds downright chilling if presented respectfully.

one of my favorites was literally typed upon an old school typewriter with fonts occasionally askew, student marginalia, and talking about strange associations to particular gemstones, colors, sounds, harmonics, etc. i stumbled upon it by ambling in the library looking for a better Kabbalah source, and a few lost aisles from where i was looking there it was lying eye level upon a bookshelf. wasn't really in the system, had no real publisher (like a self-published book), said it was stolen years ago, but i still was able to check it out, learned way too much about Kabbalah, got weird dreams soon after, and later returned it to never find it again (cue spooky music: OOO-WEEE-OOOO!). good times, good times...

i should run that as a game one day; but would it be accidentally stumbling into Yves' or Kronos' library?
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote