View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #8
HeatDeath

Default Re: Soft announcement: new Ogre set!

Aren't the ODE Quickstart rules already an "Orange Map Only" proper subset of the ODE rules?

That text, which I've never heard anyone complain about on this forum or BGG, should most likely be carried over verbatim, I would think. Though it looks like, from this PDF, that you're also wanting to include the Cruise Missile, Laser Tower, and Building rules sections, to support the scenarios from the Orange Map section of the Scenarios book. A case can also be made for including the 3 AU SHVY partial-damage rules, which I see are still in this PDF.

Edit: I see from an earlier response that the extra pages are spurious and do not reflect an intention to include cruise missiles, laser towers, or buildings. NM.

The new faction colors are cool. My first question was going to be whether the defending force will be using the existing PE line art, the existing Combine line art, or new line art altogether. The illustrations in the new PDF strongly imply that the existing line art will be used (although the illustration of the GEV pieces is conspicuous in its absence) but doesn't say which side will get which set of designs.

EDIT: The text in the PDF states in a couple of places, quite unambiguously, that the attacking Ogres are combine and the defending armor and infantry are PE. I would therefore expect the line art to reflect this.

Of course the counter mix is of great interest to me - PE didn't get anywhere near enough Heavy Tanks in ODE, and I'm curious to know if monoculture defenses will be possible.

Last edited by HeatDeath; 02-06-2016 at 11:05 PM.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote