View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Maps for the NEXT expansion

First, let me make it clear that this is planning for at least a year away, maybe more.

The maps in the upcoming (and as yet unnamed) ODE edition will be G-3 and S-3. Advantages: good maps, completely geomorphic, and there are scenarios for them. Disadvantages: all of the G and S series are broadly similar. This was pointed out in comments on the KS page.

What would be a good thing to tackle for a later expansion? For instance, I have a sketch, never published anywhere of a partially water-filled crater many hexes across, which dominates the map area. That map is not fully geomorphic to G and S series - it would join on two sides at best. Would that be an acceptable price to pay for getting something that was obviously different even from 20 feet up?

Or a completely grasslands, or completely badlands, map, that would have only those features that you supply by overlay? That is ultimately flexible, but I don't know if I want to charge you $20 for a green piece of cardboard, even if it's very high quality cardboard of a beautiful green.

If you had a map where the entire center was city, except for a couple of parks and lakes, would you use it?

And so on.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote