View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #53
Icelander

Default Re: Sailing Ships -At least until CCoI (Low-Tech) arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979
Great Write up icelander!

I wish I saw the earlier discussion when I was running a fall of constantinople. I was wondering why the fantasy stats of the galley weren't making sense compared to all those I could get my hands on (Other than osprey books, those stats online etc.).
Well, I have little or no knowledge of galleys. I've been researching though, and I hope to include a section on both in my finished work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979
I had several naval battles and needed some good sets of stats to set up a "Sid Meier's Pirates" style of turn based ship combat. In the post mortem, I found that players liked the ship combat and the mix of naval and boarding tactics. The challenges in naval tactics, character athleticism (balance, jumping, and movement), Close Combat, and Resource management (time, labor, and supplies) could be better systematized for greater enjoyment of the players and further simplified for GMs.
The Chase rules could be modified for, eh, well chases. I'm not sure about a combat system. I'll take a look at Spaceships and see if anything from it could be plundered.