Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #135
JLV

Default Re: New Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by luguvalium View Post
Zot- You've done a great job listing many different situations that could have talents, but I think I would only rarely use them as a GM. Using these situations to create examples of how these situations could be done with existing talents ( and then creating only the talents that are not covered by others ) would be a help for players. For example, I don't see Intimidation ( maybe based on a contest of ST ) being not covered by existing talents. I would see torture as just intimidation against a weakened opponent.
Well, I believe there IS a certain skill set associated with torture; especially in the medieval world where things had to be done mechanically (instead of with drugs or electricity or whatever), but I just think it's a can of worms that SJG probably shouldn't get involved in.

I mean if a given GM wants to go down that particular path, it wouldn't be too hard to create a talent for that skill set; but speaking only for myself, I wouldn't do it. If a victim of torture were important to my story, I'd describe the victim, not the torture (though, of course, YMMV).
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote