View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 11:34 AM   #18
Magesmiley

Default Re: Smart linking Turrets: If B-29 had them, then why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
As Cyberlinks are so seldom used these days - at least in the Arena & everyday Road Combat - that an exception could be made for it ? Up to individual Duelmaster of course .
With ANDICE , Link-Ups , other Cybernetics from ADQ 7/3 and all those lovely items from the NOVA pages - Battle Computers , Virtual Reality Computers , Military Cyberlinks , etc etc - the extensive sensor/computer processing power of those items ( not to mention expense ... ) should let identical weapons in multiple locations to be used in conjunction with any Smart links AND still retain their full bonuses .

Again up to individual players but makes for much more exciting games !! Lol
Cyberlinks are the best targeting systems one can buy. That's why they're so expensive. They shouldn't be that common.
An extra +1 when you're probably already on the favorable side of 7 on the bell curve should be expensive.
As to adding an exception for combining it with a smart link? I wouldn't allow it in my games. A +3 combined with even the skills a basic character has all dumped into gunner yields a +5 to hit. That's a lot by any measure. And giving the bonus to weapons at multiple locations? A bit too much for me. Keep it expensive (I would probably allow a second cyberlink fto be used or those who had to have the additional bonus for a smart linked weapon though).

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote