View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #419
swordtart

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyFreedberg View Post
Nice pickup - I think it's one pintle-mounted weapon away from a "technical." ...
Durn it, I should have included one in the bed by default. Of course you could go with straight tripod mounted guns instead since you are already allowing 2 spaces for your passengers (passengers using tripods need an extra space). Each tripod gun can carry 2 spaces of weapon (or two linked single spacers)

Incidentally if you ditch the CA you could add a passenger. If you also add a sun-roof and a pintle-mount you get a cheapo turret. That can be a two spacer as well (and we rule that pintle weapons are half weight like tripod weapons).

How many pintles can you put in a pickup bed? Knee jerk reaction is one, but arguably each bed rider could have their own as long as they don't foul their own fire arcs (think Vietnam style gun-trucks). If this seems cheesy, consider that you can mount 3 sponsons as well as a turret on a car. A sponson is limited arc like a pintle, so I'd maybe allow for a pintle per turret/sponson position (i.e. once each side, one out back and a further one central - maybe the sunroof gun, but maybe that is an extra).

How many pintles can be put by a sunroof? Since they only get 180 degree arc, why couldn't you have two, one pointing fore, the other aft? You would need a passenger per gun (or have a single passenger choose which one he is manning. It's not that much of a benefit as you still have to double up the guns (and whilst weight is halved, the cost isn't).

Hmmm.. Pickups use special Open Mounts (and can use all 11 spaces for weapons and crew) Open Mount gunners take up 2 spaces and any weapon (even an MG) requires 2 crew. The description is a bit vague with inconsistencies and pickups are exceptional (though it isn't clear how)... buuuut, i'd consider read across to pintles and say you can have as many as you want.

swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote