View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 11:48 PM   #10
Plane

Default Re: Diffuse/Shadow Form and cover DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Body of air/fire have +10 HP, because -10 ST reduces HP to 0. So, since (mechanically) the creatures shouldn’t have 0 HP, the meta-trait provides them with +10 HP.
Right, I overlooked that :)

Quote:
Body of earth (meta-trait) features 2 DR, so it could add to the 2 HP of damage a diffuse creature can take as per RAW 380.
If you have 10 HP and 2 DR your cover DR is 12, I think. I like the injury cap being the cover cap, just can't find it in book.

Quote:
I would say a human sized body of air, is not enough to impede your actions (as in my previous paragraph) and does not provide cover DR because it is not “hard enough” (not flesh, metal, stone, etc.).
How would you set it apart statistically from Body of Water which also lacks DR?

Quote:
The injury modifiers only apply to injury against the bodies provided with them; it means the body of a creature made of a diffuse element won’t have diffuse cover DR (because it does not exist, AFAIK).
I think no matter what you would always add DR if they had it. A fire elemental should provide its 10 DR as cover against fire attacks, as an example, and an earth elemental should provide its 2 DR (hadn't noticed that, didn't stand out due to line split) too.

The issue might be that HP doesn't apply toward it though, which sounds sad for the Air/Water elementals. We know water can slow down bullets and I would figure that someone throwing a fireball through a water elemental at you should diminish it at least by 1.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote