View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
McAllister

Default Re: Effects of Body Mass

You're trying to dissociate mass-based effects from HP and move them to character weight. Personally, I'd do it the other way around: force HP to match body weight with only a very small margin of choice. You can play a person who's 5 feet tall and weighs 90 points, or you can play a person with 15 ST and 18 HP, but they can't be the same person; it's just not how people are put together.

I don't know exactly how to determine weight for a human based on HP, but I think I'd use Skinny and Fat as disads that characters are forced to take if their HP is too low or high for their ST, instead of the +/-30% rule.

This doesn't help you at all... so, trying to help, I think the best thing to do might be to invent "negative encumbrance" as an advantage representing the fact that your ST is much higher than your mass suggests, have that as a separate advantage that super-light things can buy (I'm thinking about ultra-tech superlight robots as much as skinny people), and let the rest of the effects equal out to net 0.
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote