View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #34
apoc527

Default Re: Will buy: UT2: Revised / Reworked Weapon Tables (Post-Pyramid etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
A TL8 Mini-Computer Sight is basically equivalent to a TL9 Compact Targeting Sight. But the TL8 sight gives a total bonus of +4 or +5 Acc, while the CTS gives just +2 Acc. Likewise, the TL8 Computer Sight gives +4 to +6, compared to +3 for a TL9 ETS. Largely this is because HT added rules for Rangefinders, which aren't clearly compatible with UT rules. (Though I actually question if the huge bonus for rangefinders is strictly realistic...)

Also, as has been mentioned, some of the HT specialized ammo types are superior, in effect and/or economy, to UT types.
Those are things I would support errataing, rather than creating and buying a whole new PDF for. I'll have to check out those sights when I get home, but they sound overpowered. Tactical Shooting gives a bonus for rangefinders in very specific sniping situations. I don't know if they would apply in general run-of-the-mill firefights.

Agreed on the HT ammo types, though I think that in real life, most of the crazy ammo types are only used in tank cannon rounds or autocannons. Like I said, show me an APDS+P 7.62mm NATO round manfactured by a real company and I'll eat one (with a knife and fork)...
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote