View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #8
ArchonShiva

Default Re: Rules Update for Illuminati?

Option 1 is useless without a reason to do it, such as getting extra money or whatever. And even then it'd be for players who are already in deep trouble.

Option two sounds a bit like initial setup in Crime Lords, if I remember those rules correctly. It makes sense and does not seriously detract from the rules. I'd even say it's 'what you do when you play with many specials', so it's not really a rule change per se.

Option three is indeed completely unfair to Network.

I sorta like DirkGently's version, it sounds like a very interesting strategic elemnt to add, although it does change the dynamics of the game a lot. (and perhaps makes the Network a bit too powerful, as it is guaranteed a special card every turn if it wants one whereas the other players get none on a normal turn.
Maybe the network can't attack whenever it draws a special, so it might as well draw two specials when it does. But then its power becomes useless unless it's being used to draw two specials!
Could people who have played more reflect on how unbalancing Mr. Gently's holistic option would be?

So number two.
ArchonShiva is offline   Reply With Quote