View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #3
AlexYeager

Default Re: Rules Update for Illuminati?

Option 2 actually mirrors a house rule we've used several times. Our rationale is that everyone now has the opportunity to make two attacks to control each turn, or if Resistances are prohibitive, have at least one really good group to go after.

The Y2K change of using Specials to cancel Privilege remains valuable enough that Option 1 is unappealing, and although options 3a/b certainly would get a bunch of cards out early, it would actually leech a bit of tension out of the early game, as the abundance of cards ensures that everyone's probably going to get one or two groups that they directly want without (as much) competition. That said, option 3 also gives the Illuminati that require specific alignments more shots at getting off to a quick(er) start.

I may have a chance to try these in the next several months, but frankly I'm not sure I'd waste my time with option 1 in any circumstance - giving up the minimum of a Privileged attack for a possibly-useful group that you don't control seems like a "don't bother" (or more accurately, I can add the rule confident that it won't be taken advantage of, and forcing someone to use it to test it is self-defeating).

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
SJ Games MIB / Cheapass Games Demo Monkey
AlexYeager is offline   Reply With Quote