View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
GnomeBard

Default Re: 3 hand weapon equipped by a hireling

Okay, I've been playing Munchking for a couple months now and I'm always learning new rules that I haven't known before so I come on these threads to check out what I might be not understanding.

So I come across this thread and think I know what the outcome is going to be and I read this curveball. What I understand from the moderator is that a Hireling is a cheat card essentially. They can hold whatever you want as long as it isn't restricted by class/race but I would have to say that it makes no sense that a hireling can wield a 3 handed sword given that it strictly requires "3 hands" to use. That is just as much of a restriction as a class/race. Unless you are saying that the hireling can wield the "3 Handed Sword" because my character is only wielding one weapon and I essentially have 3 extra hand spots bc of the hireling, then I would disagree with this ruling. It seems to contradict the logic that is usually used to argue the games rules.

I would say that a hireling should be able to use any card that doesn't contradict the common restrictions given to each player i.e. 2 hands, class/race restrictions. One card I think that could be argued here is a "Matching Set" card. No restrictions and its one card.
GnomeBard is offline   Reply With Quote