View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 06:38 AM   #9
Anaraxes

Default Re: LF: Stats of the EM50 from Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt View Post
There is a closeup of the barrel of the machine gun in the first video.
Yeah, that was exactly the shot that made me think, "I don't know what that is, but it doesn't look like a US model". The flared muzzle isn't all that unusual, but the slotted barrel shroud vents (instead of circles) and the details in between just didn't match anything for me. But the forum has people way more expert in guns than I am.

This is a case where personally I'd overlook the visual evidence and just use the stats for whatever popular weapon would be mounted on a vehicle. The US Army would probably be putting the M240 or M2 Browning on the EM-50. (They're both old enough to have been used even in the original movie, as well as the game timescale; the M240 was even a cool new thing about the time the movie was being made. Not that their armorer probably went to half the trouble we have already in this thread :) A SHIELD version has more options, especially if it's an internal design.

But I'm still curious as to what that weapon was. Of course, movie armorers often just hack things up to look cool (like those MAC-Uzis), sometimes with recognizable bits underneath and sometimes not. So it might well have been just made as a prop.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote