View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
larsdangly

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip - Print-On-Demand Titles

There is an irony somewhere here because a simple starting character in TFT, even for roleplaying play, can seriously fit on a post it note. But the heart wants what it wants, and I want my favorite continuing characters to have a big journal where I can keep track of all their pets and friends (and pets who are friends) and contacts and alternate gear and so forth.

I've been doing a lot of home-crafted dungeons this year, so will get a lot of use out of the labyrinth planner and agree that one book per substantial dungeon is the way to go. But note that one thing we don't have in the product line is sheets of hex paper that are big enough to really hold the floor plan of the entirety of a dungeon level that is roughly the size of a typical D+D dungeon, at a scale where your map can be read and perhaps contain small written notes (e.g., 'H4' next to a hidden door). We have the 8.5x11 sheet of small-scale graph paper, but I've found myself spilling over onto multiple sheets pretty often. I wonder if there is something that could be done with a big rolled or (more plausible for a shipped item) blank folded map sheets with a scale of 1/4" or even 1/2" per hex or so.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote