View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 05:02 PM   #6
brianfb

Default Re: JCSP character management tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsp View Post
My thinking was that a long menu for points would be cumbersome, and most people would be creating beginning characters, so having only a few choices made sense. As characters develop, changing points on the sheet makes more sense. Would you prefer a longer menu of point options when taking a new skill?

Do you know if you were creating a character using the 3e rules or the 4e rules? Under 4e, Il/literacy is handled when choosing languages, not as a standard disad. Under 3e, both LIteracy and Illiteracy are listed.

Keep in mind that you may have a 3e character even though you are using a 4e sheet, or vice-versa. You can change the ruleset a character uses under Edit -> Edit Game Info.

Any Ad or Disad can be taken with any Multiplier or Enhancement/Limitation; click on the little "+" next to "Multipliers:" or "Enhancements/Limitations:" to add a custom one. I didn't want to include every possible modifier for all Ads and Disads; it looked confusing, I thought. Suggestions are welcome: more instructions? etc?
Ok, ill try again on the nightmares and pacifism. It opened a windiw with a multipliers check box and a set of radio buttons to choose the subitem, but none of them were selectable.

EDIT: Tried and tried, I could not figure out how to select those radio buttons. Tried on my windows 10 PC, and my windows 8.1 phone. Its either broke, or I'm dense. Likely the latter.

Last edited by brianfb; 03-09-2016 at 05:36 PM.
brianfb is offline   Reply With Quote