View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC - Group #2 -- Verisimilitude ho!

Elmaeth

"No, mother, nothing dangerous at all," you say as you pull back your bowstring. "Target practice against a tree. And it's not the kind that fights back. Now, if you don't mind, I need to concentrate."

In the floating image, she crosses her arms. "Go ahead."

"Thank you," you say and pull the bowstring. You have your eye just about settled on the apple when your mother breaks in again.

"You didn't even notice that I got my hair done!"

Your finger slips with the distraction. The arrow flies forward, hitting the tree at a weird angle. It bounces to the right, hitting another tree, then to the left, hitting a rock, then it flies way down onto the ground right in front of you and bounces up, missing your left ear by about two feet.

You wake inside a dark room. The only light is a flickering green torch thirty feet away. You are hanging by your left wrist against a cold stone wall. You move ever so slightly, trying to gain your bearings, when the chain holding your wrist snaps. You feel the first impact as you fall to your death, but not the second.

You wake again, this time in the elven version of heaven. You're waist-deep in water in an everglade. Your great-great-great-grandmother sits nude on a tree stump playing a harp and singing an old elven song. She looks up at you. "Elmaeth, my child," she says. "We have been waiting for--"

But then your mother breaks in again. "Oh. My. Gods. Did you just die? You did! I can see... that's my uncle Tomoo over there with the flute! You get out of that water right now. You know you get all pruney when you stay in the water. And another thing--"

But then you're interrupted by a white light. Heavenly choir singing. Trumpets blaring. A deep voice starts talking, but you can't make out what it's saying over the sound of your mother.

"Are you being resurrected?" she said. "Don't even think about lying. I can hear the trumpets. You had better come back home to me right now." She starts crying. It's still loud.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote