View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 04:20 AM   #19
DreadPirateLynx

Default Re: [Magic] Casting trought item with powerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnej View Post
If you want to argue that the intent of the author has somehow changed when the books got a 4e stamped on them, go ahead, although I think it unlikely.
The problem I see is that if it was intended to adhere to Kromm's 3e ruling, then why wouldn't it have been made clear when 4e was published? The problem was obviously known since Kromm had to make an official ruling, and it wasn't a pure cut & paste job as the text changed slightly. The only options are that it was an intentional change, or that it was overlooked yet again. Even with the problems Magic has, I like to give SJG more credit than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
You don't really cast spells "through" a Staff. It;'s just that the Staff always counts as a part of the Mage's body when figuring ranges.
I don't see how the two are different. If the mage can cast a touch spell by touching the target with the staff, the spell is being cast "through" the staff. Same if the range is figured from the end of the staff instead of the caster himself.

With these points in mind I have to agree with Ze'Manel Cunha and the OP, unless of course someone can find a 4e clarification by Kromm

Last edited by DreadPirateLynx; 10-30-2010 at 04:35 AM.
DreadPirateLynx is offline   Reply With Quote