Thread: Greater Deities
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 02:09 AM   #19
Glamourweaver

Default Re: Greater Deities

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim
I'd love to see what Attunements you'd come up with on these.

I don't remember my EPG off the top of my head, but do you think any Aztec, American-Indian or Dreamtime Gods might still be Greater level? At least one from each would be cool, IMO.
My thoughts on that is that I wanted to parallel their history with their worshipers:

The Totems of the Peoples & the Dreamtimes Spirits certainly had their tethers destroyed by Uriel in his Crusade, but were for the most part comparatively unskathed. They fled into the Marches early and so avoided his direct assaults. Their massive worship & Essence suplies (once again: comparatively) allowed them to hold their ground in the Marches before Uriel was recalled.

skip ahead several hundred years: worshipers & slaughtered in mass & forcibly converted to Christianity. Those who are spared are accultrated into Western civilization (as second class citizens for the most part, but acculturated none the less). The power of the Totems & Dreamtime spirits is devestated... and the Tsayadim seize the opportunity for some "ethnic" cleansing of their own...

It is only due to the secret mechanations of a Heavenly conspiracy involving Jordi, Novalis, Blandine, & Eli to help smuggle spirits & domains deeper into the Marches that these Pantheons survive at all.
Glamourweaver is offline   Reply With Quote