View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #17
JoelSammallahti

Default Re: Dice and Lives: Gurps Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leynok View Post
While it does allow them to hibernate for years on end, I don't see the motivation behind wanting to hibernate for so long. The only reason I can think to Hibernate is because you don't want to drink any blood, or if blood is unavailable (so it's great if you're a vegan vampire), but I can't think of any other motivation behind wanting to Hibernate for years. Is it something I'm missing?

I don't know, man, I've got a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old and one or the other has woken me up every single night since 2012. If I could just sleep for 50 years I would.

More seriously? I didn't specify this in the template, but in this campaign, sleeping for decades is something vampires just have an urge for. It's not that they get some kind of special benefit, it just feels good to them. It's also not worth any points, any more than random human instincts like having a sex drive or liking sweet flavors are. Of course, a human could have Lecherousness or Gluttony if a particular instinct is so strong it leads to trouble, and correspondingly a vampire character might have Compulsive Hibernating or something.

I'll get into the matter some more when I post about vampire psychology. Stay tuned, same bat-time, same bat-channel! :D

Of yeah, and I'm super happy to hear I've got a reader who wants to use some of my stuff in their own game. Let me know if you do!
JoelSammallahti is offline   Reply With Quote