View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
dwalend

Default Finishing games?

My second (yes, that's pretty feeble) Friday two-player game wrapped up this morning. It's the second game that's gone unfinished, won by forfeit.

How many of you are seeing games go to the end, or at least to a definite conclusion?

In the first game - the Train - my opponent played well, but relied too much on luck - which wasn't coming through. I was on offense, overwhelming his forces and he'd basically run out of options (I think), so it wasn't too surprising that he didn't follow the game to the end. However, I was still 2-4 turns from hitting the train. Forfeit by timeout.

The second game raises my concerns. We were playing MkIII attacks, me on defense. He was jenking the MkIII effectively, spreading out my defense in the craters, we'd just started the initial clash, my tanks were out of position. I didn't have enough dice to roll, and didn't get lucky with the shots I could make. I was enjoying a good game with a skilled opponent, and started to expect a loss if not a nail-biter. Then -- forfeit by timeout.

I did notice some strange bugs in the second game - a piece I'd moved that wasn't in the right place in one instance. A healthy tank disabled at the beginning of my opponent's turn when I loaded the game to check if it was my turn in another. Are the bugs putting people off?

Or should we ask for more than two days before a forfeit?

Or something else?
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote