View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #31
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Snatcher for One

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
Check some example characters and templates from the various books, and you'll see that the Frequency multiplier is included in the base cost before applying percentage modifiers. Unless you want to say that all the templates in, say, DF:Summoners are wrong.
As it happens, I'm not currently blessed with DF:Summoners, but I am with DF:Allies, so I looked it up. In that book they do appear to be figuring it as you said, which is in conflict with how it's handled for other characteristics as I listed above. However, it's possible they're using "the optional rules for multiplicative modifiers on page 102 of GURPS POWERS" mentioned by BaHalus, or it's possible this shows an inconsistency in the way base cost is defined.

I'll look into this, and if it does appear to be errata (or at least something that needs to be more clearly defined), will submit it to the errata coordinator. It won't be the first time I've pointed out errata (one example specifically about DF is at http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...ghlight=weasel)

Thanks for pointing that out!
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote