View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #224
Refplace

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I don't think Kromm and the production crew work quite that fast; probably he's started a piece because they see an upcoming "hole" in the publication schedule.
By last, I mean the one already in layout not the one he just started.

Quote:

Though HT: Electricity and Electronics has reached final-draft status, it's moderately long for layout and might have received some budget for new art (hoped-for crossover potential?).
Yeah, its very detailed so I expect to be a longer edit.
I still think its MH: Power-Ups then Template Toolkit but hopefully we know next week!
The Hurricane one should be interesting, be nice if it hits the shelf before Hurricane season is over (runs from June to Nov for the Atlantic) and I'm hoping it has some useful tidbits for fantasy and weather mages.

Quote:
Good question! He's already done Steampunk Conveyances, though I suppose there could always be more in that vein. Steampunk spaceships? Or could it be vehicles for Transhuman Space, another topic for which he's known?

I rather doubt it's vehicles for Discworld or Castle Falkenstein -- though he could have written up some less fantastical, more historical Victorian transportation, like their bewildering variety of carriages or an assortment of railway cars. Or, of course, it might be something completely unanticipated. Chanteuses' Zambonis?
I'd like to see some personal vehicles for different eras that characters might like. Bikes and sports cars, maybe a rugged cargo van.

Quote:
Further behind the veil, we've got David Pulver's two-parter (already in rough draft for a month?), Christopher Rice's SNO-51 (with rough draft to be delivered in August), and a DF setting I suspect is by Matt Riggsby. But who knows? That's all probably for 2020.
Hmm a Matt Rigsby setting would probably be good, like to see Tramlett get a setting too. There were several good setting ideas in Pyramid I would love to see, including that space car wars setting.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries