View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
Skarg

Default Re: Is there a better way to track initiative?

(BTW Initiative means the 1-die rolls at the start of each turn to see who moves first. You're talking about action sequence.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13 View Post
I know that the turn system is a big part of the game, but has anyone come up with any tweaks that could be helpful?
I can usually track it in my head in small enough battles, but a few techniques I've used:

* Make a vertical list of DX numbers and/or the figures, and go down it.

* Have the GM/ref/designated-player call off DX numbers from highest to lowest, and people need to declare if they have any figures acting at that adjDX or not. Shifts responsibility to the players.

* We greatly reduced the types of DX adjustments that affected when things happened. Mostly we had situational DX adjustments and difficulty modifiers only affect the chance of success and not when an action occurred, so the sequence was mostly determined by the character as a whole and not who they were attacking. e.g. We house ruled such that an injury slows you down, but trying to hit someone in the head, or attack someone from behind, doesn't affect when your attack happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
I've always ruled that if a player suddenly remembers a DX bonus then they get to act now, as per the waiting rules.
Yes, I would try to avoid going back and un-doing anything, unless the GM really messes up something badly.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote