View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:05 AM   #66
Tomsdad

Default Re: Unarmed vs. Knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
Now I have read through the thread and I have seen lots of talk of various mechanics. What I haven't seen in any examples of actual knife disarms. My original Martial Art was Jujitsu and I have since studied Aikido and Judo. While not my school the following series of Videos I have found handy for showing my GMs what my character was doing. I do know that some people on this thread have touched on similar techniques but sometimes it's best to have visuals to go with mechanics.

Jujitsu knife Defense

OK first one looks like:

defensive parry to arm lock

to

force position change

to

grapple with a change of two handed to arm to on wrist and on hand on head

to

Grapple add leg (or knee to head) both hand to wrist

to

Disarm

second one (bit dark and we wrong side)

Defensive arm lock (now I can't decide if that's a two handed arm lock, or one handed with combo elbow strike to the inside elbow*)

to

forced posture change (maybe combo with adding a hand to the grapple is the fort move was a grapple and strike)

to

Two handed disarm (I guess, can't really see)

Third one

Same as the second, only it looks more like a arm-lock applied with pain to get the target to release the knife rather than a straight disarm.

Same question over weather that's a two handed arm lock or a one handed arm lock with elbow strike to joint combo*.

Sorry not really my area (there is second video in the link but I haven't looked at that)

*thing is since they are doing a display, strikes aren't going to be full speed/strength so the dividing line between grapple and strike blurs a bit.

And ultimately the difference between an arm lock that ends in injury to the arm, and a combo grapple and strike that ends in injury to the arm, is also blurry (in RL if not in GURPS).

Should of course say if it is grapple strike combo it not a defensive parry but more a wait and/stop hit etc, etc. And weather or not it's one handed grapple and them one handed strike, or a combo is a matter of time (but they look fast enough to be combos me)

Last edited by Tomsdad; 12-12-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote