View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
Randyman

Default Re: [MA] Player Created Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Considering he limited benefits of knowing a style that no one else does (until you start teaching it to others) I think that 1 cp's worth for the Style Familiarity was enough.

Since you can't claim it as a Style Perk until after you invent the style I requires 20pts of Skills as a prereq. Making those 20 pts be in the Style's primary Skills and Maneuvers would be logical.

Add in other Styles to train in first and acquire your base Skills plus cp to count as prereqs for desired Perks (definitely including Style Adaptation) and no one who isn't an accomplished Martial Artist is going to be starting their own Style.
I would amend legitimate style. Lots of quacks who repackage a Combat Art or Sport (in GURPS' terms-of-art) and sell it to the unsuspecting. Those might qualify for a Perk of some kind, even when the underlying style is not practical for MA combat.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote