View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Mass Combat and Tech Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinlay View Post
In the mass combat rules, the troop strength of most things (short of artilllery) doesn't increase with TL. I assume this is because TS is relative and everyone is generally at the same TL.
I don't think that's the case. Rather, I believe the assumption is that different troop types are going to be broadly comparable between TLs. For example, a guy with a spear and a heavy quilted or leather coat (that is, Medium Infantry) is going to be pretty much equally effective whether he's a member of an ancient Greek army, a Medieval French one, or a Renaissance Italian one. Instead of making the same kinds of troops more effective, Mass Combat introduces new troop types at higher TLs.

The other way TL makes a difference is a bit out of scope for Mass Combat itself, but realistically, in addition to having access to better troop types, a higher TL society of comparable size will be a bit wealthier, which allows it to raise more troops and/or troops with superior equipment. That, though, is a campaign issue.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote